This centre-based long weekend showcases the very best cycling of this unique region. Based in our excellent hotel in Caernarfon we’ll be riding out each day, soaking up the mountain vistas, exploring quaint Welsh villages, sampling local food, and admiring incredible coastal scenery. We have three main rides, two in Snowdonia National Park and one on Anglesey. There are two route options on two of the days in the itinerary, we can of course tailor the routes to suit the needs of the group.
On a single day here you can ride over a tidal estuary, encounter sand dunes and golden beaches, then up onto the wild roads of Snowdonia, over huge mountain passes lined with vertiginous cliffs, thundering rivers and countless resident sheep. The riding is varied, from narrow and slightly undulating country lanes to challenging climbs on roads that carve their way through open expanses of craggy peaks.
- Breathtaking mountain scenery of Snowdonia National Park
- Conquering the mighty Pen y Pas (359m) at the foot of Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon)
- Visiting the picture-postcard village of Beddgelert
- Descending the exhilarating Llanberis pass
- Crossing impressive Menai Suspension Bridge onto Anglesey
- Relaxing in our comfortable, excellent quality hotel at the end of each day
- Admiring Caernarfon Castle, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Sampling food and drink from locally-owned cafes, pubs and restaurants